Skip to main content

Hot Chocolate!

Love to all my readers!


Been a while since I last shared a recipe. I have become a nomad , been travelling a lot since a month. High time I posted a recipe otherwise you all will forget me ;)


Itz Winter time! Slurping  morning tea with parents while soaking sun in the garden is one of my favorite parts about winters. There are other things I love too, most of it of course revolves around food! Winters have always been about guava, oranges, makki ki roti , sarson ka saag, gajjar ka halwa, tilgud, pao bhaji which is made with sweet winter vegetables. Off late, Hot Chocolate has also become my winter favorite.


Hot Chocolate



I can have dark chocolate anytime and in any form. On a cold night, my brother and me love watching TV over a mug of  hot chocolate. There are lot of versions of hot chocolate. People make it using Bournvita, Horlicks, Coco Powder and Dark Chocolate. I like to make it the true way using Dark Chocolate. Nothing beats making a mug of hot chocolate at home which is rich, thick and creamy. Once you make it, you will be spoilt by its warm comfort and its good for health too!!!


Its very important to use a good quality bittersweet dark chocolate. Bittersweet has less sugar added to it so you can taste goodness of chocolate and not just sugar alone.


Hot Chocolate Recipe




INGREDIENTS

  • 1 mug milk
  • 1 tbsp- chopped dark chocolate
  • sugar ( if required)
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla essence


METHOD

  • Chop the dark chocolate with a sharp knife. You can add more depending on your love for chocolate.
  • In a saucepan, melt chocolate with milk over medium heat. Add vanilla essence to steep the flavor in milk.
  • Remove from burner and pour hot chocolate in the mug . You don't need to bring the milk to boil.


SERVING SUGGESTION




Garnish with mint leaves, marshmallows, whipped cream. If you wish you can also add spices like cinnamon, nutmeg or orange zest to enhance the flavor.  Feel free to experiment and make your own version of hot chocolate.






              


                  HAPPY SLURPING!!!!







Comments