Skip to main content

My Jaipur



I grew up in a small town called Bhilwara which is 250 kms from Jaipur. Having spent most of my holidays every year in Jaipur, this city is home. My mausi stayed here and she used to take us to the most amazing places to feast, to name a few- pyaaz ki kachori from Raawat, chaat at LMB, falooda at Bapu Bazzar, lassi at MI road. This colorful and historic city which is famous for it's bandhej work and ghewar is always bustling with foreign tourists who come to visit iconic City palace, Amer palace, Jal Mahal, Nahargarh Fort, Hawa Mahal, Birla Mandir, Rambagh palace.



Last week I attended my cousin's wedding in Jaipur. It is amazing how much our parents love us. They raise us and when we grow up, give us such a beautiful wedding, it fills my heart. This wedding at City Palace was no exception, decoration was exquisite! My cousin, Nikita (technically my niece) looked like a doll, so adorable!




For me, eating falooda at Bapu baazar is a tradition. I voluntarily recommend it to people when they have plans to travel to Jaipur. It was only fair to drag Manish here(my parents are used to being dragged ). He wanted small bowl for himself but I insisted for the larger one. After finishing the bowl, he said "You were right. This really is something!". The satiated look on my face when I take first bite always makes my mom giggle.

A visit to Bapu Baazar is incomplete without doing some shopping or in my case, lots of shopping. Bed sheets, dress materials, marble handicrafts, traditional handbags, you will find everything here. I had always fancied doing my wedding shopping from Jaipur and fulfilled my wish when I got married! Talking about shopping, I bought beautiful food props and that too for just 250 bucks! You will love this market for its colourful attire.





Another place which is my absolute favorite is Kishan Lal Lassiwala. Lassi here is out of the world. Malai doesn't make one feel nauseous, it's almost like cheese. I wonder what they add in milk to set the yogurt! It's my brother's favorite and now Manish's favourite too! It has right amount of sweetness and tastes wonderful in mitti ka kulhad ( glass made with mud).



I have been to so many temples across India but haven't seen the atmosphere which I always witness at Govind Devji Temple. Govind Dev ji resides in City Palace complex. Legend says that king used to directly do darshan every morning from his place. People who come for darshan chant hyms as if they have put their entire soul into it, there is so much bhakti in the entire premises.

Sharing some pictures of winter produce I clicked outside the temple.

 Red chilli peppers

 Fenugreek (methi) leaves

Radish (Mooli)

I almost forgot about Rawat's pyaaz ki kachori! Whether you return from Jaipur by train or by flight, you will easily come across people carrying this kachori back to their hometown. It stays good for almost 2 days. I don't know anyone who travels to Jaipur and doesn't relish this delicious kachori.

My stay got over quickly and I am already waiting to get back. Next time you visit this city, explore it and discover how beautiful it is!

Thanks for reading

Nishu

Comments

Post a Comment