Skip to main content

Coffee Cupcakes with coffee buttercream frosting

Delicious and moist egg-less coffee cupcakes topped with easiest  and yummiest coffee butter-cream frosting ever! If you love coffee then this one is for you :)



20,000 pageviews!  I am so touched and thankful to my readers for giving me a positive feedback and appreciating my work. When  I started blogging, idea was to just share my favourite recipes. But now it has become so much more. It has given me the opportunity to explore the world of food photography and I can't tell how much I am loving it! More than anything, the pleasure that comes from sharing my knowledge about food and help someone become a better cook or make a meal is beyond words :)

There couldn't be a better way to celebrate than by sharing recipe of these coffee cupcakes!


Joy that you will experience when this butter-cream will easily create beautiful patterns on cupcakes! Topped with pillowy and creamy coffee butter cream, these coffee cupcakes have become my favourtie.  You know there's chocolate cupcake and red-velvet cupcake which are everyone's favourite and then one day, you come across this cupcake.You will be amazed how much you will love it and how soon it will become your favourite too!



I love chocolate ganache piped over cupcakes but I am not exactly a fan  of cakes or cupcakes which are topped with whipped cream. I usually just scrap it off. But this butter-cream frosting is so delicious that it won me over. It is easy, fuss-free and turns out perfect each time I make it. I promise that it won't split or get runny.


Recipe used here is my regular recipe of chocolate cupcakes which I have modified to add coffee flavour. Speaking of chocolate cupcakes, have you tried my recipe till now or not?? If you haven't, give it a try now! Hint of saltiness always lifts a dessert to a different level. Butter-cream made with Amul butter in this recipe does that trick. Mixed with icing sugar, it balances sweetness perfectly.




Makes 6-9 cupcakes

Ingredients

Cupcakes

125 gms plain flour
1 Tbsp coffee powder (I used Nescafe Gold)
1/2 tin milkmaid
60 gms semi-soft butter (appox. 4 Tbsp)
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 baking soda


Coffee butter-cream frosting ( Enough for 6-9 cupcakes)

1/2 cup Amul butter (softened)*
6 Tbsp Icing Sugar
1 Tsp Coffee powder (Dissolved in 1 Tbsp milk)
1/2 Tsp Cocoa powder

Method

For cupcakes : Preheat oven at 180 degrees celsius for 10 minutes (golden rule).

Line cupcake tray with cupcakes liners and set aside.

Dissolve coffee in 1/4th cup lukewarm water.

Strain flour, baking powder and baking soda together. Keep aside.

Cream milkmaid and butter together untill light and fluffy.

Slowly add strained dry ingredients and black coffee (which you dissolved in lukewarm water) in creamed milkmaid-butter mixture in 3 parts and mix everything properly with electric beater untill just combined. ( Do not over-beat and knock out all the air.)

Spoon the batter in cupcake tray. (Spoon only enough batter to cover 3/4th area of cupcake liners in tray).

Bake for 20-25 minutes on moderate heat of 160 degrees Celsius or till tooth-pick comes out clean.**

For frostingWith electric beater, cream butter on medium speed for 5 minutes. Gradually add icing sugar, cocoa powder and dissolved coffee in milk. Beat at low speed after each addition. Taste and add more icing sugar if required.

Fill in piping gun and frost cupcakes as desired.

Cover frosting with cling film and refrigerate if using later. You can keep left-over frosting in piping gun and use over couple of days.


* If using unsalted butter, add a pinch of salt and lesser sugar. You can also substitute butter with heavy whipping cream if you are a fan of cream.

** If your oven isn't as strong as mine, then bake at higher temperature like 180 degree celsius and please remember to not keep opening the oven door.


Don't forget to tag me in pictures you take after trying my recipes. My facebook handle is @fascinatingfoodworld and instagram handle @fascinatingfoodworld.


Thanks for reading

Nishu

Comments

  1. Really, this is an impressive as well as Useful post for me. I got the most valuable and informative information from here. Thanks for sharing, I request you to keep sharing such blogs. Fair trade coffee Maumee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent information, I am heartily very thankful to you for providing this kind of knowledge. This information will always help to everyone for gaining knowledge. Always keep sharing. Thanks. mochi donut encinitas

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment