Skip to main content

Sambhar instant oats - Vegan+Gluten free



Happy New year guys! I wish for everyone to have a great year and stay healthy. One of the many new year resolutions I take every year is to eat right and continue to adopt a healthy lifestyle. Eating right is not all that difficult. Key is to eat nutritious food at regular intervals and not starve body for too long. You can relish your favorite fried food or desserts but once in a while. Drinking lot of water and pulling in good sleep is also very important. Let's start this new year with a healthy recipe!

If you know me then you know that I want variety in food. I cannot have the same dishes over and over again. But that is really not the problem, the problem is I want variation but at the same time I want it to be healthy too. Oats is something I always turn to when I am bored of food. Its healthy and I can show my creative side with it :D

I have talked before about how much I adore south-indian flavors. Just like most of the other recipes I share, this recipe is also easy, healthy and quick to make. This dish gets ready in minutes and tastes so good that I eat it practically every second day. My husband was not fond of oats before but this spicy version he loves!





(Serves 1-2)

Ingredients 

1/2 cup instant oats
1 big tomato- chopped
1 Tsp olive oil/regular cooking oil
1/2 Tsp mustard seeds
8-10 curry leaves
1 green chili- chopped (use scissors)
1 Tsp sambhar masala
1/2 Tsp lemon juice
salt to taste

Method

Heat oil in a wok and add mustard seeds. Once they temper, turn off gas and cool down oil.

Now add curry leaves, chopped tomatoes and green chili. Season with salt and cook down tomatoes until they release oil.

At this point, add oats and a glass of water and cook on low heat for 5-10 minutes.

In the end, add sambhar masala, lemon juice and more salt if required. Stir well and cook for further 2 minutes.

Serve hot.



This recipe is simple but very flavourful. You can add more veggies if you want.

P.S.- I almost forgot to tell you about my another favourite version of oats- Pesto oats!

If you try this recipe, don't forget to leave a comment. Do take a picture and tag #fascinatingfoodworld on Instagram.

Follow me on FacebookPinterest and Instagram for regular update on new recipes.

Sharing more recipes which requires mostly pantry ingredients

(Chickpeas, tomato/canned tomato and Indian spices)



(Whole wheat flour, chopped dark chocolate/choc chips, yogurt, baking soda/Eno)



(Homemade crumbled paneer, onion, schezwan sauce, other veggies-optional)



(Kidney beans, onion, garlic, tomato, basic Indian spices)



(Kidney bean, onion, tomato, cumin powder, ketchup)



(Pasta, tomato/canned tomato, onion, garlic and basic seasoning)



(Pasta, butter, flour, milk, cheese)



(Masoor dal, tomatoes/canned tomatoes, Indian spices)



(Rice noodle/ Regular noodle, onion, garlic, soy sauce, jaggery/sugar/ lemon)



(Potatoes, basic seasoning, cheese)


Comments

  1. I can only express a word of thanks! Nothing else. Because your topic is nice, you can add knowledge. Thank you very much for sharing this information.
    wholesale indian grocery online

    ReplyDelete
  2. The post you've shared here is basically informative because it contains some best knowledge which is extremely essential on behalf for Upalis Melbourne . Thanks for posting it. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gavan Kennedy


    Living in the Philippines during lockdown, I have seen the terrible choice some people face

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment