Skip to main content

Strawberry and grape salad in Orange vinaigrette - Vegan+Gluten free



Forgive me if I have been bombarding my instagram and facebook page with photos of strawberries! I want to make most of this pretty fruit while it's still available. My morning these days start with this delicious Strawberry smoothie and I can't tell you how good I feel from inside after having it!

From Pizzas and desserts to fried feta cheese at beautiful greek restaurant Thalasaa, I overindulged during my recent trip to Goa. I am that kind of person who feels guilty very easily about eating unhealthy! So I have been eating a lot of salad since I came back, especially Watermelon and feta cheese salad, Carrot salad and Raw Papaya salad. I am really on a salad spree!



I believe in consuming a lot of seasonal produce. Fruits are something I can have all day. Grapes and oranges are  also making their presence felt these days. So here I am sharing yet another recipe using strawberries but there's grapes and oranges too!  Dressed in orange juice vinaigrette, this simple, fresh and zingy salad tastes wonderful. Orange vinaigrette distributes its pleasing scent throughout the salad and makes you wanting it more.



Since red strawberries are "Valentiney" I call it The Valentine salad. I couldn't resist taking photo of this pretty salad, especially with my new camera which my Father-in-law and Mother-in-law recently gifted me on my first wedding anniversary. And look how gorgeous and colourful the photo looks!

This salad makes for an amazing mid-day or evening snack. You can even have a big bowl of it for breakfast.




Colourful, easy and healthy salad full of anti-oxidants. This salad is gluten-free!

Salad Ingredients

1/2 cup chopped Strawberry
1/2 cup black Grapes
1/4th cup fresh mint leaves
2 Tbsp sunflower seeds
1 Tbsp flax seeds (optional)
2 Tbsp Orange vinaigrette (see below)


Orange vinaigrette ingredients

1 Tbsp olive oil
2 Tbsp orange juice
1 Tsp honey
1/2 Tsp orange zest
1/4th Tsp salt/ himalyan salt
1/4th Tsp black pepper powder

Method

To make dressing, whisk or shake together olive oil, orange juice, honey, salt and pepper together in an empty small air-tight container.

Assemble strawberries, grapes, mint leaves and sunflower seeds in a bowl.

Drizzle in the salad dressing and give a good toss until fruits are coated properly in the dressing.

Serve immediately.

Don't forget to take a picture of salad when you make it. Hastag me as #fascinatingfoodworld on facebook and instagram!








*Tips

You can add more or trade with fruits like apple, kiwi, pomegranate, pineapple and pear.

Dressing can be stored in an air-tight container in refrigerator for 2-3 days.

Other nuts and seeds like walnuts, almonds, pumpkin seeds and flax seeds can also be added.

Enjoy!

Nishu


Looking for more salad recipes? Try these












Comments